When you create a test in the upgraded Test tool, the page below you will see:
- Title is the title of the test, and what will appear in the list of resources, task list and assessment record. This is a mandatory field. It is plain text only, and we recommend to keep the title short, so the name of the test is easily recognizable on smaller screens such as the mobile phone.
- Description is a text field with full rich text options. It is displayed when the student opens the test, and in the Library. This is an optional field.
- The Create test button is not activated (green) until a title is set.
- Click Cancel to cancel creating the test.The options in the sidebar are common with other elements in itslearning, but some are specific to the Test tool as explained below:
- Attempts is the number of attempts allowed for students. These are your options:
- If more than one attempt is allowed, you can select which attempt (best, first or last) should count towards the final result.
- Test mode is an option to enable the Test mode browser for this test. It requires a licence. More information can be found in this link for Test mode browser.
- Result and feedback are options to determine what the student can see at which point in the process. These options are slightly different from our previous Test tool to allow for better test security and reuse value.
When a student has completed a test, the following information related to an attempt is potentially available:
- Assessment (grade)
- Score (test score in points)
- Student’s answers
- Correct answers
- The options available will vary depending on other settings (deadline, number of attempts). You can select when to show:
- The result (meaning score/assessment and any feedback to each attempt)
- The question list and the student's answers (no marking of correct/wrong)
- The correct answers (the student answers are marked with green/red to indicate correct/wrong, and the correct answer is also displayed). This option is hidden if you never show the question list and the student's answer.