One way to gather all resources for a topic is by creating a Page and linking it to Plans in itslearning.
Teachers can use Pages to gather all relevant notes, files, links, tests, etc. in one place. This will provide a better overview and easier access for the students.
Pages are built using content blocks. You can add a rich content, images, polls and links. Drag-and-drop and cut-and-paste functionality enables quick layout changes and fine-tuning of the content. You can also change the title of the page by clicking the header and edit it inline.
What can I use pages for?
Use Pages to present course material in a context and shift the focus from single elements to themes and topics.
You can add a Page by clicking the 'Add' button in Plans or Resources in your courses. Build an interesting start page as an introduction to subjects or topics.
To change the layout, click Change layout, in the upper right corner of the page. There are three available layouts:
- One column: All content blocks are displayed under each other on the main page. This set-up is suitable for small screens or screens with low resolution.
- Two columns: The content is displayed in two columns of equal width. This is the standard set-up.
- Wide left: A wide column is displayed to the left, and a narrow column to the right. This set-up can be used when you have, for example, long lists of link collections, ‘Favorites’ items, or other blocks that require little space. Such content can be placed in the narrow column to the right, freeing more space in the main column.
A content block is a piece of content used in dashboards and the page tool – for example, news and polls. You can drag the blocks and place them where you prefer on the page, and you can cut and paste them to other pages.
Types of content blocks
Available on shared dashboards, course dashboards, ‘My dashboard’, and pages:
- Files: Upload files from your computer and link to them from the dashboard. You can organize the files in folders, and they appear with clickable folders and links in the content block.
- Images: Upload images from your computer, and insert them into the dashboard. The images are automatically resized.
- Links: Add a list of links to your dashboard for easy access by your users. Remember that you can link to content in Your web files, as well as Internet links.
- Rich content: Add content blocks with text, images, links, and other rich content. This block has many of the same features as the note learning tool.
- RSS: Import your favorite RSS feeds into your dashboard. This allows you to subscribe to blogs, news media, and similar feeds, and to receive automatic updates when one of the RSS feeds is updated.
- Poll: Add a simple poll and allow other users to vote. The poll consists of a question and up to 10 alternative responses.
You are limited to having 20 active content blocks to prevent pages and dashboards from being overfilled with content. Click the X to remove a content block and it is simply deactivated, and it can be reactivated at any time. To reactivate it, click Add content block > Reactivate content block. You can remove deleted content blocks permanently, by clicking the settings icon on a dashboard > Add content block > View deactivated content blocks. To delete a content block permanently, click the 'x' behind the content block you want to delete.