The new, upgraded Test Tool is even more mobile friendly and allows for sharing in the Library, so teachers can share tests across their schools or even districts. If you have been using the old test tool, you will now see both versions available. The older version will be discontinued over time.
To add a test, click the green 'Add' button in Course overview, Resources or in a Plan, and select Test. Tests can also be created directly in the Library.
- Set the title and description (optional) of the test. Settings can also be altered at this stage. (For more details on the settings, see New Test Tool Settings.)
- Click"Create test".
- Once the test is created in the course, you can start adding questions.
- To add a question, simply click Add question and select which type you want from the dropdown.
- Once you have added the questions, you will see them displayed in the Question tab.
- Rearrange the question order by dragging the vertical ellipsis (three dots) on the left of the question (highlighted in the image below). This is the default order, but questions can also be presented to students in a random order.
Questions without text (or in the case of Fill in the blank / Select from a list: instruction text) will be given a standard title with question type + number. This standard title is not presented to the students.
Review the test
As you create questions, you can preview them before saving. You can also review the entire test you have just set by clicking "Review test" from the Test tab. This is a good way to quality check the test for errors, and to see how the test experience will be for your students.
After reviewing a test, you will see the results, but the attempt is not stored, and will not be included in any results or reports.
Test Mode Browser
If Test Mode Browser is enabled for the test, you will also have the option to review using Test Mode Browser. In this case, when the test is completed, you will see the results within the Test Mode Browser. Students, however, get the results in itslearning after the Test Mode Browser is closed.
We recommend you use these browsers/devices if you are using Test Mode Browser:
- Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Mac OS 10.10 and above
- Windows Virtual Machine (Lab edition ONLY)
- Chromebooks (K12 ONLY, Managed Chromebooks ONLY, separate app, runs in kiosk mode)
Related pages (click on the text to access the links):