- New Individual Learning Planz
- Link Cloud resources to Course standards
- Even More - Improved Google Integration and so much more
New Individual Learning Plan
Feedback is crucial to a student’s learning. And we’ve now made this even easier to do with the new Individual Learning Plan (ILP). It has been designed with input from teachers to improve workflow. Combine the ILP with 360° reports and ePortfolio to better provide insight and guidance to students.
- Mobile friendly
- Default template to help you get started
- Much simpler for any user to access the ILPs
- Track progress against previous plans in one collective view
- Dedicated views for mentors, teachers, students and parents
- Archived plans are always visible on the detailed ILP page for mentors and teachers
- Print plans or export them as PDF
- Self- assessment to promote independent learning (enabled/disabled by mentors)
- Fully GDPR compliant to protect personal information
Users will be automatically switched over to the new individual learning plans unless their school districts have chosen to opt out. The switchover could take a few days following the release. We recommend that you do not enter sensitive information in the ILP. Check with your administrator if in doubt.
Watch the video:
Link Cloud resources to course standards
Connecting course resources to standards (learning objectives) helps you track whether you have covered your curriculum. You can also see if your students have visited resources for a specific objective.
This update allows you to map resources in G Suite or O365 to learning objectives. It also covers Word, Excel and PowerPoint files created with Office Online in the platform.
- Test Mode Browser update – Upgraded the Test Mode Browser to ensure maximum security. Please update your Test Mode Browser to version 2.0.5.01 (Windows, both student and lab versions) or 2.0.5.03 (Mac).
- Add recent files from Quick Add menu – You can now easily add files that you have been recently working on in Google Drive to your course by using the Quick Add menu.
- Cloud accounts – Administrators with permission to manage users can now see a user’s connected cloud accounts. Administrator will not have access to this cloud data. The upgrade is primarily to allow administrators to troubleshoot issues the user might encounter – such as when connecting a G Suite account as part of the SIS integration. Information is available by clicking on the “Cloud accounts” tab.
- Announcement notifications – Users will now be notified when teachers/students post an announcement, similar to notifications received when someone comments on an announcement thread.
- Course friendly name – To avoid having courses with long or similar names, teachers can give their courses a friendly name instead of the course title. This friendly name will now be displayed in instant messages. Students will also see the friendly names in ‘Behavior’ while teachers and admins will see it used in ‘Your students’.
- Google Forms – Just like other Google resources, Google Forms can now be added to the itslearning platform. Forms can be viewed and completed directly in the platform. To complete forms, users must be logged in. Note: This feature will be activated a few weeks after the release.