Live video conferencing tools help create more dynamic lessons and engage students - especially when remote learning.
You can use Google Meet directly from the toolbar of our rich text editor. Simply add a Google Meet event anywhere in itslearning and Fronter 19 that has a rich text editor for instance assignments, or note.
Here's what you need to get started:
- You must have a school Google account (G Suite for Education) to use this feature. A personal Gmail account will not work.
- To enable this option in the toolbar of the editor, your system administrator needs to check the setting 'Allow users to create a Google Meet from the rich-text editor' under 'Admin >> Edit global settings >> Cloud services'. Once there, check the setting 'Allow users to create a Google Meet from the rich-text editor' on the Google tab.
Create a Google Meet online meeting
- Click on the Meet icon in the rich text editor toolbar
- If you are doing this for the first time, you need to sign in with your school account and allow the app to create meetings.
- Give your meeting a title, date and time.
- The event will be added to your personal calendar in Google.
- Click 'Create' to add the meeting to itslearning. Once you save the meeting link will be shown.
- When you click on the meeting, it will open up in a new tab.
Note: You can have at least 100 participants in the online meeting. The maximum number of participants you can have in your meeting will depend on your G Suite for Education license.