The Progress report shows how students are completing their assignments, homework, tests, etc. across the course and the amount of time they are spending on their work online Progress against mandatory and optional work can be compared against class averages to identify how student are progressing and detail where additional support may be needed.
- Activities are those 'elements' in a course that usually have an assessment/grade. These are Assignment, Test, Survey, Task and any learning tool extension that can be assessed (has an assessment scale set-up). We exclude manual assessments and LTI tools.
- Resources are 'elements' in a course, that can be viewed/read by a student. Examples of resources are: File, Lesson, Link, Note, Picture with description, and some learning tool elements (extensions).
The Progress overview shows individual student progression against the course average.
The top section gives a course overview.
- Students: the total number of all participants.
- Resources: the total number of non-assessable elements. E.g. pages, files.
- Activities: total number of assessable elements. E.g. tasks, assignments.
- Activities completed: shows the total number of activities completed by each student in a course, divided by total number of activities that each student in a course can participate in. This is calculated by counting total number of active, not deleted activities, that student can participate in and dividing by total number of completed activities by that student.
- Resources visited: shows the total number of resources visited by each student in a course, divided by number of resources that each student in a course can view. This is calculated by counting the total number of resources, that are active, that can be read by a student, that the student has read/visited at least once and dividing by the total number of resources that are active and can be read by a student
This lists those students who are active in the course. It does not list students who have left the course. If you have course groups set-up you can choose to filter the view to only show members of these.
The information presented for each student:
- Activities progress: this calculated by counting total number of active, not deleted activities, that student can participate in and total number of completed activities by that student
- Resources progress: this is calculated by counting the number of resources, that are active, can be read by a student, and student have read at least once, divided by number of resources that are active and can be read by a student.
Mouse over the student activities or resources to see the total number of items and those that are completed or visited.
Progress Details Report
Here you can see detailed progress information for the student. At the top of the report you can quickly navigate to a different student or see the activity/grades report for the same student. You can also jump back to the overview.
Shows progress through all elements within the course.
- Activities: shows the total number of activities open to the student.
- Overall progress: shows the percentage of activities completed by the student.
You can see the status of the activities as follows:
- Completed on time - marked as green and denotes the number of elements that students completed before the deadline (if any).
- Completed past deadline - marked as orange and denotes the number of elements that students completed, but the deadline date was already passed and an element was still active.
- Incomplete past deadline - marked as red and denotes the number of elements that students did not complete. The deadline date for such an element is already passed and the activity is not active any more.
- Open - dark grey denotes the elements that are currently open and ready to be completed by the students.
- Not active - light grey denotes the elements that are not active yet and waiting for activation date. Included here will be will be elements were active but were deactivated manually by the teacher (not those that expired due to expiry date).
You can see the status of the resources as follows:
- Resources: shows the total number of resources available to the student.
- Overall progress: shows the percentage of resources visited by the student.
- Read - marked as green denotes the number of elements that students simply 'read' (visited).
- Not read - marked as dark grey denotes the number of elements that are ready to be read by the students, but have not yet been.
- Not active - marked as light grey denotes number of elements that are before activation date.
This section lists all of the elements, as default shown in their course folders and sub-folders. Beside each element you can see:
- Status - completed, open, read or not read. The colour of the 'ticks' and 'crosses' correspond with the categories overall progress section. For example, an element was completed but marked as orange means it was completed after the deadline.
- Last visit date - the date of that the student last looked at the element. Note this may not be the date they submitted an assessment.
- Time online - gives an indication of the time spent on the element by the student. This is an approximate measure - see below for more information about how this is calculated and examples of use. Note that a a few customers have opted out of tracking time online for elements - if so these will not appear in the reports.
- Details - this shows extended information from assessment items (such as the grade) and SCORM elements (grade, status). For SCORM elements that track time we show the duration reported by the SCORM package in 'Time online' column.
You can filter the list by element type (e.g. assignment, test, page) and by status (e.g read, complete, incomplete).