The new ePortfolio (version 2.0) uses the same data foundation as is used for ePortfolio 1.0.
This means that your existing portfolios will be updated to a new layout and navigation.
There are two types of portfolios:
- Assessment portfolios- connected to courses
- Portfolios created by the user.
Both portfolios behave mostly the same, but the assessment portfolio has a few difference features:
- Assessment portfolios are created automatically for courses that has portfolio assessment
- Teachers can override the access permission for assessment portfolios
- Assessment portfolios can be set to only give access to students and teachers in the course
- Assessment portfolios can be assessed by the teacher
How you build, customize and give access to the portfolio are the same for both portfolio types.
- New card layout when you open ePortfolio
- New 'About me' section on the left side of the ePortfolio page
- Banner layout and navigation in the left menu
- Portfolio items are now called 'Pages'
What you need to do:
There is a new site setting for enabling ePortfolio 2.0 within 'Profiles and Policies'. (By default, the new ePortfolio feature is disabled for all users.)
The all new ePortfolio start page
The start page of the ePortfolio shows all your portfolios.
Students will find the new 'About me' section on the left menu where they can add a profile picture and some information about themselves.
Click each card to open the ePortfolio.
New layout of the portfolio
The portfolio shows you all the pages you've added to it, and can be categorized into folders.
Create a new portfolio
To create a new portfolio, simply click the Add new portfolio-card, give it a title (and a banner) and click Save:
An assessment portfolio is a portfolio that is connected to a course. The course teacher can configure the course to use Portfolio assessment, in which a Working portfolio and an Assessment portfolio becomes available to students in the course.
Teachers will find this feature in the 'Status and follow-up menu', while students will see the options in the 'Course'.
Now that you are all set - you can start adding content to the ePortfolio. Details on this page 'How to add content and manage portfolios in itslearning'.