When you log on to itslearning, you will immediately see if you have a new message or notification on the top banner menu.
The bell icon provides notifications and the speech bubble icon allows quick access to the internal messaging option.
Teachers will receive notifications in several instances including when:
- a teacher received a a project invitation
- a teacher is added to a hierarchy
- reminders are sent by a mentor or headteacher
- a resource booked via the calendar is changed
While students will be notified when:
- a teacher saves a new assessment for a course participant
- when a new announcement is posted
- when a student receives a a project invitation
- they get an attendance mark or behavior remark
- a test or assignment has been assessed
- feedback is available for a custom activity
Meanwhile, the internal message system allows you to send messages to groups, or a group of course or project participants, or simply to send messages to teachers or students who are using itslearning without having to leave itslearning. This is especially helpful when using the mobile app.
Click on the speech bubble icon and a pop-up menu will open.
Click New to send a new message. You can even add attachments to the internal messages.
Selecting "all messages," will open a popup menu to access more messaging options.