The settings can be found by clicking on the ellipsis in the upper right-hand corner.
- Topics can be set up to create a structure for your course. Notice that you can choose to create a folder for each new topic and your resources folder structure will be built automatically. (This option is recommended.)
- Resources and activities can be combined in one field or kept in separate fields.
- Activation relates to when plans and the resources are available to students and parents. Using this feature requires the teacher to align appropriate dates to a course.
- There is an option for anonymous access to the plans, providing a public link.
Here you can change the title of your “topic” to unit, theme, etc. You are then able to add or remove subsections. These sections may such as unit resources or standards. Terms and rubrics may also be included here. Set the visibility for each field.
Plan fields allow you to create detailed plans that can be used year after year. These plans may be traditional lessons or nontraditional self-paced modules for students.
The default fields for plans are listed below. Each field can be renamed as seen in the image. The visibility settings can also be altered so that are shown to everyone, only the teacher, or no one. Additional fields may also be added as needed.
- Plan: This is the title of a lesson, module, skill, or sub-topic.
- Date: Dates may range from one hour to one year. The dates allow the lesson information to be displayed in the Plans block on the course overview page and they correlate with the activation settings as indicated in the plans settings.
- Class Hours: A numeric field. (Default is set to visible to nobody.
- Description: This section contains a brief description of the lesson, module, skill, etc. Text, video, images, links, or a lesson outline may be included here.
- Learning Objectives: This field will include objectives that will be aligned to the lesson. Resources and activities that are added from Plans will automatically be tagged with these learning objectives.
- Resources and Activities: This field can contain resources and activities that the teacher creates. Please note it is possible to separate this field into two separate fields, one for resources and one for activities. This can be changed in the plans settings.